March 30, 2009

A Day of Thrifting with Spicy Salty Sweet

My new friend.

Leah of SpicySaltySweet and I took a much needed mental health day and spent the greater part of today thrifting in Pasadena.  I showed her some of my favorite spots for finding vintage steals and we both came away with some goodies.  Leah nabbed a great vintage cookbook, hankie and a glass and silver tea server and I came away with a cookbook of my own, a fabulous oil portrait and a few other odds and ends for the shop.

We enjoyed lunch at Saladang on Fair Oaks and managed to get a lot of wedding talk in too.

Overall, a great day.


The "Shrimp in Golden Thread" from Saladang.

3 comments:

Suzy Parker LaCroix said...

Thanks, Leah!
We'll have to do it again soon.

Centavo said...

Suzy,

I do believe I have a portrait of the brother in your portrait. Please come and check him out. By the way, I love your blog. Penny

Suzy said...

Thanks, Penny!
The guys do look like relatives!