May 3, 2009

On the Menu: Beet Greens



At the market this evening I couldn't resist picking up a bunch of beets.  I don't know why, as I have never cooked beets before, but something about their bright green leaves and vibrant stalks made me want to try them out. 

In between photographing items for the shop and getting the house in order for the week, I did a quick search for "beet green recipe" because I wanted to go beyond just roasting the beets and use the entire vegetable.  One of the first things that popped up called for ingredients that I had on hand - onion, garlic, chili flakes.  The one exception was bacon... but I did have leftover brats in the fridge.  

So I threw together a meal based on this pasta with beet greens recipe and it was quite delicious.  We'll definitely be having beet greens again!




No comments: